Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bryan Talbot…

Comic Creator Gets Honorary Doctorate…


Hi Guys,

My good mate and International comic artist and writer, Bryan Talbot is about to receive an honorary doctorate from Sunderland University for “Outstanding contribution to the Arts as writer and graphic artist”.

Bryan, one of the UK’s leading ambassadors for comics in these fair isles of ours, is the first comic creator to have this privilege bestowed on him.

I would like to publicly extend my Congratulations to him here on the Blog.

I have actually known about this since my meal earlier in the year with Bryan and his family and friends, where he told me about the honour amongst all the other stuff we spoke about on the evening in question. I was sworn to secrecy and have waited until he was ready to tell the world, before publishing this Blog.

His list of credits includes: Chester P. Hackenbush Trilogy, Frank Fazakerly - Space Ace of the Future, Luther Arkwright, The Tale of One Bad Rat, Alice in Sunderland, and his latest book, Grandville due out in October 2009, amongst a great many others.

For more about Bryan and his marvellous work, please check out his brilliant website at:

www.bryan-talbot.com

Now it’s back to the drawing board for me and more Worlds End pages.

See you soon with another Defiant comics Blog

Until next time have fun!

Tim Perkins…
July 11th 2009

No comments: