Saturday, December 01, 2007

Yeeeaah 25 days to go until Christmas…


Seasonal stuff for the Holidays…

Hi Guys, well, as I begin my recuperation, this week will see me attending the annual Pickwick evening in Whalley here in the UK, whereby all the folks in the local shops and lots of charity stands, get togged up in Dickens costumes to sell their wares for charity. I have been going along with my Mum and Dad for a good number of years.

Everywhere is full of Christmas lights and aromas of mince pies, candyfloss, sweets, steak and onions, mulled wine, and Christmas spices fill the senses with delight.

There is the annual visit to the outside of one of the local semi-detached houses, owned by a mother and daughter respectively. Imagine the Griswold’s Family Christmas in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and you are not far wrong, as every piece of available space on both houses and gardens is utilised to house the decorations.

They must start erecting them during the summer months sometime, in order to have them ready in time for the holiday season and it must cost a small fortune to keep them running for the full season.

If the weather is just right then this just adds to the ambiance of the night.

One year in particular it snowed lightly all evening and was just perfect.

If any of you guys are in the area this Thursday then pay a visit, unfortunately my Brother Chris and his wife Julie’s “Olde Worlde Sweet Stall” won’t be there this year. They have been attending for a good number of years with all proceeds going to charity.

They will, however still be walking around and keeping in the spirit of the event by dressing up in Dickensian costume as always.

Anyhow if you are going along, just look for Scrooge and a kindly lady and gentleman and stop me and my Mum and Dad to have a chat…

This year I am going to try to make it interesting for you, because if you find me, I’ll do you a free sketch, and I’ll give the money you would have spent to the charity usually supported by my brother Chris and his wife, you heard that here first. And to help you in this endeavour I will be wearing a black Defiant Cap from my days working out in New York for Jim Shooter’s Defiant Comics.

Oh by the way kiddies, I hope you have sent off your list to Santa…not too long to go now.

Have a look at the Wizards Keep Website for a number of special offers open throughout the season until the 1st of January, inclusive.

BTW: Margaret has taken some new very large Dragon's, Faeries, and Angels down to Botany Bay today along with some other new stock, for anyone thinking of going along there.

Now then where’s that glass of mulled wine got to…?

Until next time have fun!

Tim Perkins…
December 1st 2007

2 comments:

Simon Wyatt said...

Great news Tim! (and you're more than welcome for the assist, glad to help!)

Simon Wyatt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.