Thursday, December 06, 2007

Pickwick Night…

A look at tonight’s “Christmas Event” here in Whalley in the UK…

As I mentioned last weekend tonight will see me attending the annual Pickwick evening in Whalley here in the UK, whereby all the folks in the local shops and lots of charity stands, get togged up in Dickens costumes to sell their wares for charity. I have been going along with my Mum and dad for a good number of years.

It’s going to be great fun, full of Christmas lights and aromas of mince pies, candyfloss, sweets, steak and onions, and mulled wine and Christmas spices will fill the senses with delight. I’ll try to take some photos for a Blog over the weekend.

I’ll be taking my yearly look at the UK’s answer to the Griswold’s Family Christmas in National Lampoon Christmas Vacation.

If the weather is just right then it will feel even more Christmassy.

One year in particular, as I said in my earlier Blog, it snowed lightly all evening and was just perfect.

Please don’t forget, if any of you guys are in the area, just look for Scrooge and a kindly lady and gentleman and stop me and my Mum and Dad to have a chat…

Just to remind you all, this year I am going to try to make it interesting for you, because if you find me, I’ll do you a free sketch, and I’ll give the money you would have spent to the charity usually supported by my brother Chris and his wife, you heard that here first. And to help you in this endeavour I will be wearing a black Defiant Cap from my days working out in New York for Jim Shooter’s Defiant Comics.

T-minus 19 days and counting guys…

And don’t forget to have a look at the Wizards Keep Website for some special offers open throughout the season until the 1st of January, inclusive.

Now then where’s that other glass of mulled wine got to…?

Until next time have fun!

Tim Perkins…

December 6th 2007

No comments: