Monday, August 28, 2017

A Centenary Celebration


Hi Everyone,

Well, as usual, as I try to both celebrate and spread the word about the Genius that is Jack Kirby – here I am once again – but this year with a difference.

If Jack had been alive today he would have been 100 years old.

Sadly Jack died back in 1994.

As you all know by now – I have always cited Jack as my main influence in my storytelling and in my wanting to create comic books from a very early age.

This year I have been fortunate enough to continue spreading the word about him creating so many characters that we see in American Comic Books today. First up was my involvement in the French Tribute book put together by Alain Delaplace and Mickaël Géreaume; Kirby & Me. Secondly was my involvement in the Jack Kirby Panel at Lancaster Comics Day. Thirdly was my most recent involvement in the Jack Kirby Panel following the World Premiere of Glenn B Fleming’s JackKirby – A Personal Journey – Documentary.

His total output of comic book pages is phenomenal and is in the high double-figure thousands.

Some of his creations and co-creations, include:

Captain America, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Sandman, The Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk, The Mighty Thor, The Uncanny X-Men, The New Gods, The Eternals, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Demon, Kamandi, Manhunter, OMAC, Toxl the World Killer, Doctor Doom, Magneto, Uatu
 – The Watcher, Ego – The Living Planet,  Mister Miracle, The Red Skull, Devil Dinosaur, Nick Fury, The Losers, The Dingbats of Danger Street, King Cobra, In the Days of the Mob, Spirit World, Darkseid, Dessad, Orion, The Bugs, Lightray, Izaya – the Highfather, Big Barda, Destroyer Duck, Atlas The Great, Mantis, The Forever People, Machine Man, The Black Panther, Silver Star, Captain Victory, The Fly, Bombast,  and too many more to mention here.  

You can become part of the Jack Kirby Membership here at The Jack Kirby Museum

This evening – will see a group of 20 or more of us Comic Creators and Comics Fans getting together on the outskirts of Blackburn to Celebrate his 100th Birthday. I can’t wait to raise a glass or two to the man responsible for kick-starting the dreams of my having a comic career back then in the mid-sixties.

I wasn’t able to thank him in person, so this is the very nearest I will ever get by letting the world know how much his work means to me.

Now for all those that won’t be there in person tonight, please marvel at these wondrous pieces of his amazingly dynamic artwork. 

100 in total – Just random pictures here – but each one a gem:





































































































HAPPY 100th Birthday, Jack and thanks for everything.

Until next time, have fun!

Tim…

August 28th 2017

No comments: