Friday, September 28, 2007

First Showing of “Hot Wheels” Pages from Toontastic Publishing…

A look at the new Hot Wheels comic book with me on the full art chores…


Hi Guys, James Hill Editor-in-Chief and great friend of mine from Toontastic Publishing has given me permission to present here and on the Wizards Keep website a selection of pages from the comic book I have recently completed for them.

It gives a chance to show folks what we have been up to.

The pages here are taken from the first two stories in the latest comic on sale now, today, here in the UK.

I have followed the style of the previous artwork for the characters with these first two stories, although the cars I have made look like the actual Mattel cars. With the second two stories I have moved slightly further away from the previous look of the characters and this will continue over the next few issues. This is to help prevent a glaring jump of styles from one to another, something, which usually goes down a "no-no" with fans if not handled correctly. Let me know what you think guys.

They are entitled: “Drag-Tastic” and “Night Raiders” respectively and the scripts are by Ian Rimmer, my first editor at Marvel UK way back when, in the eighties, and the guy who gave me my first break into the comic industry by following Barry Kitson’s lead and giving me my very first official Marvel UK commissioned work on Zoids.

So for the first time since the late eighties we have the original editor of Transformers, now writing, one of the original writers of Transformers, now editing and one of the original artists on Transformers, me, doing full artwork, including the colours.

The pages on display here are shown prior to any SFX, lettering and Logos are added.

There are larger versions of the pages on the Wizards Keep website.

But to see them in all their glory please go out and buy a copy to see all the pages ON SALE NOW!!!

Anyone unable to purchase them from outside the UK let me know and I'll see if I can get them shipped out to you. Postage will be the same as the postage charge for the Limited Edition Sketch books, as that's how they'll be packed to keep them safe!!!

Look out for the next issue next month with two stories entitled: “Solid Gold” and “Hammer Time”.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon with your comments as always.

Expect more things here and on the Wizards Keep Website too from Hot Wheels and “Worlds End”…

In the meantime I am working away feverishly pencilling the Markosia Project…

Until next time have fun!

Tim Perkins…

September 28th 2007

1 comment:

Lee Townsend said...

Looks Good Tim! I saw a copy of an issue at my local newsagent yesterday, see you in Birmingham,Best,Lee...