Friday, February 15, 2008

Hot Wheels Comic Issue 44…

A look at the latest two cars in the Toontastic Comic.

Hi Guys,

Here is a sneak peak at the cars you’ll see in issue 44 of the Hot Wheels comic, to whet your appetite.

I have been going around quite a lot of schools lately, in my role as both one half of the curriculum support team representing the Arts, here for the local borough and as a visiting artist and I am really pleased to say that there ARE kids actually buying the comic in the schools I have visited. They are amazed to hear that the guy up at the front of the class is the artist on the comic book they buy every month. This backs up some comments I made in some of my earlier Blogs when I spoke of kids in the UK beginning to read comics again…at long last!!!


Anyhow the latest comic I have just finished and sent off to Toontastic has two get cars. I especially love the little yellow one, which looks very much like my own actual car…

The two cars are respectively:

Split Decision – From the story: “Track Attack!”

Rocket Box – From the story: “The Rocket takes off!”

Both stories are produced by the same gang as always:

Written by – Ian Rimmer
Pencilled, Inked and Computer Coloured by – me
Edited by – James Hill
With Production Design by – Rob Sharp

I am looking forward, as always, to hearing what you think of this latest artwork. The comic will be on sale soon, so don’t forget to order a copy!!!

Until next time have fun!

Tim Perkins…
February 15th 2008

No comments: