Wednesday, April 01, 2009

UFOs over Bodmin Moors Part 2...

Okay, so it was April 1st...

Hi Guys,

I thought I had better come clean, as so many of you guys emailed me to ask about the “UFOs and some of you guessed correctly that yes it me having a bit of fun with you all on “All Fools Day” – April 1st.

The images were lifted from the Internet, with thanks and apologies to the folks that the images belonged to. I had planned on getting images from someone I know that lived in the area for a while, but this became a last minute affair and was a hotchpotch of snaffled images and Photoshop.

Respectively the two photo credits are as follows with many thanks:

Image 1:
Matthew Millen

Image 2: ScienceRay

I cannot believe just how many of you thought they were real, although some you guessed correctly as I say.

I hope you enjoyed the fun, as much as we did here at the Keep.

Until next time have fun!

Tim Perkins…

April 2nd 2009

4 comments:

NR said...

lol....nice one!!!
but i knew it was not true...but had no idea about the april foll stuff!!!!

take care

Tim Perkins said...

Hi Nazish,

Glad you liked the joke.

Thanks for dropping by.

Best,
Tim...
<;D

Matthew Millen said...

Interesting use of the picture Tim, thanks for the link back though :)

Matthew Millen

Tim Perkins said...

Hey, no problem, Matthew.

It was the least I could do, in light of "borrowing" your photo.

I had originally planned on contacting a friend of mine from that part of the world, but time caught me up and suddenly there I was with an idea, but no photo.

I googled the phrase UFO's over Bodmin Moors for a photograph and came across yours, which I thought was just right for what I had in mind for the prank.

I would have hated to have just used someone else's work though, without giving credit where it was due.

I am just glad you were not offended with me using it.

I checked your website out following this and must say you have some excellent stuff on there.

Thanks for dropping by and please feel free to keep in touch.

Best Wishes,
Tim...
('',)