Sunday, April 12, 2009

Worlds End Graphic Novel Update...

First stage complete…

Hi Guys,

I have just completed the layouts of the full graphic novel. The page count stands at fifty-one, including the new introduction page, which for those of you who have spoken to me before now will realise is two pages more than I have usually quoted when asked about the first book’s length.

I am back, darkening the pages and adding the detail, as I go along from page twenty-seven onwards. Once this stage is also complete, then I will be scanning all the pages not already awaiting work on them within the computers here and then it’s digital painting until the pages are finished.

Once that last stage is done for the artwork, it’s just a matter of piecing the lettering and artwork together with all the design elements and then it’s off to print we go.

Anyhow, for now, here is another panel from one of the pages.


Now I would like to just remind everyone that the deadline to the “Worlds End” Colouring Book Drawing Competition is nearing.

The deadline for getting finished entries in by is: Tuesday April 14th with the winners being announced on Saturday April 18th.

I hope everyone is enjoying the Easter break.

Next up for me, it’s over to the next issue of Hot Wheels and then I have some more educational commissions to do and then it’s back to work on finishing the pencils on Worlds End.

Until next time have fun!

Tim Perkins…
April 12th 2009

No comments: