Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Phoebie’s Magikal Castle

My Granddaughter’s new bedroom mural

Hi Everyone,

I have been meaning to post this for a while now, but aside from posting some photos on my FaceBook page hadn’t managed to get around to doing so here. A few weeks ago I finished painting a mural on my Granddaughter Phoebie’s bedroom wall.

As I have said before I am now a proud Granddad and as such – when asked to create a mural for what was to become Phoebie’s bedroom by my daughter, Joanne and her husband Toby – decided to try to create something a little special for our special little girl.

The plan is to eventually post a big series of day by day photos of the creating of the mural from start to finish – which in real terms took a few weeks to complete.

Here in the meantime is a photo of some of the finished article to whet your appetites.


Once I get a little straighter with the Worlds End schedules I will begin publishing the stage-by-stage photos of the creation of the mural.

I look forward to hearing what you guys think.

Until next time, have fun!

Tim Perkins…
October 23rd 2012

4 comments:

inkdestroyedmybrush said...

it does utterly gorgeous tim. what a lucky girl. very miyazaki-esque i would say from this angle.

Kid said...

Nice one, but think how you'll feel when she starts sticking posters of spotty boy bands all over it.

Tim Perkins said...

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the kind words.

This is the kind of stuff I am best known for and have always been creating - a lot like the Worlds End stuff - so glad you like it.

This image is not the final article, there are some elements not shown and some unfinished in this photo.

Congratulations on the sales of your new comic book too!!!
("j)

Tim Perkins said...

Thanks Kid,

Joanne and Toby have said they are going to have a screening system in place similar to those in airports checking for markers etc when she is older and going in and out with her friends - LOL.

That won't bother me one bit. I have had a great time painting it, but that is for now - the future of the mural is for Phoebie to decide when she is older.

In the interim years I hope Phoebie and I can work together on some of the spaces I have purposely left for other characters and stuff.

I am sure we will see such things published here in the future.
("j)