Friday, October 02, 2009

British International Comics Show 2009…

I cannot now attend this weekend’s Comics Convention.

Hi Guys,

To say I am gutted is an understatement, especially in light of planning to meet so many people and being unable to attend Bristol earlier this year too.

I have worked insane amounts of hours to enable me to have newly rendered pages as well as the full Worlds End book as finished pencils, but I have spent most of today trying to salvage a commercial job, which I am involved with for another company, because of some basic stupid mistakes being made, not of my making, which I will not go into here for obvious reasons.

Suffice it to say though, if I were to attend this weekend’s convention I would be unable to meet my end of the deadline for the other company’s client, which I cannot allow to happen.

I can only apologise to everyone, professional and fan alike that have spoken to me in recent weeks and arranged to meet up with me.

This was an important event for me, as it is the largest UK event now, before next summer, with which to promote the graphic novel, so to say I am really not in the best of moods with the guys responsible for the mistake is also an understatement.

That said, I hope all of you guys going along have fun and that the event is a resounding success for both James and Shane the two organisers, to which I have sent personal messages to apologise in advance.

I look forward to hearing how the show goes, sometime next week.

Until next time have fun!

Tim Perkins…
October 2nd 2009

No comments: