Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Favourites 05…

Turkey and Gravy…

Hi Guys,

Well here I am with the fifth and final of my favourite things to eat at Christmastime and like the previous two Blogs, tradition takes over for me with this one too…

Well it had to be a Turkey dinner didn’t it with lots of delicious gravy, made from actual turkey stock and the water from some of the vegetables, especially when added to the accompanying seasonal vegetables, peas, sprouts, carrots, and roasted potatoes and everything else you can cram on the plate.

Now with the addition of tins of chocolates, biscuits, and Christmas ales there isn’t much room for the sherry or strawberry trifle, or profiteroles in chocolate sauce, but there is the threat of a trip to the scales to check how much weight we have gained in a few short days.

Well I’ll leave you now to reflect on the excesses of the holiday period...and I am just going to sample another of my Dad’s wonderful mince pies…hmm.

Until next time have fun!

Tim Perkins…

December 21st 2009

No comments: