Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Seasonal Family Films Part 02…

A look at some of my all-time favourite, festive films…

Hi Guys,

Today, I thought I would like to share another of my favourite Christmas films with you. This time around it is Miracle on 34th Street, starring Edmund Gwenn in the title role with supporting roles from Maureen O’Hara, John Payne and a young Natalie Wood.

This black and white 1947 film is, once again, despite other versions being produced my favourite version.

The heart-warming tale of Santa having to prove himself to the authorities is for me a classic seasonal story and one not to be missed. Okay, the secret is out, I am a sentimental sucker for all this stuff and I admit I love it!

I remember seeing this film as a youngster and being absolutely enthralled and somewhat dismayed at the predicament that the powers-that-be put poor old Santa in.

An absolutely wonderful family film that I highly recommend to anyone that hasn’t seen it before and one, which I am sure those of you that have will relish the chance to revisit over this festive period.

Until next time have fun!

Tim Perkins…

December 8th 2009

No comments: